Position Title: Communications Advisor (term of 12 months)
Reports to: Director, Public Affairs and Communications
The Communications Advisor, reporting to the Director, Public Affairs and Communications (PAC), is responsible for providing strategic communication advice, applying knowledge and skills to CCSA’s day-to-day operations to increase the reach and impact of the organization’s work, and contributing to CCSA’s public affairs and stakeholder engagement functions.
- Contribute to CCSA’s overall strategic communications plan, including outreach strategies, specific projects, and events and activities, through the use of both traditional and social media
- Provide communications advice, skills and expertise to drive forward corporate priorities
- Develop end execute innovative social media strategies in line with organizational objectives
Brand and Thought Leadership Management
- Work with subject-matter experts to develop, implement and distribute communication materials to support CCSA research and knowledge products.
- Provide support and advice to ensure that all communications reinforce and leverage CCSA’s profile and visibility.
Public Affairs and Media Relations
- Create communications products to link CCSA’s issues to government priorities at the federal, provincial and territorial levels
- Contribute to the development of media messaging and liaise with journalists to provide information and arrange interviews with CCSA subject-matter experts
Social and Digital Media
- Use social media (such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram) as tools to market websites, reports, public education and events
- Monitor and measure success of social media activity
- Write compelling content for social media platforms and manage social media accounts, including developing and managing content
- Create briefing notes on major impact stories or findings, when applicable
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree or college certificate in social media, public relations, journalism or communications; and two to five years of related work experience
- Experience managing social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Exceptional writing skills with experience conceptualizing and producing a variety of documents and multi-media materials, including news releases, backgrounders, articles, web content and PowerPoint presentations
- Knowledge of communications tools and techniques, including maintaining and growing an active social media presence across multiple platforms
- Well-developed analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, client orientation and focus on solutions
- Ability to take initiative, establish priorities and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment while exercising flexibility and sound judgment
- Bilingualism English and French (spoken)
- Experience working with officials at the federal or provincial/territorial levels
- Experience using Meltwater software and Meltwater Engagement
- Knowledge of the addictions field
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a résumé and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all respondents; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.