Position Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships and Knowledge Mobilization
The Project Coordinator will support initiatives aligned with CCSA’s activities, including providing secretariat support to national meetings, planning knowledge exchange events and facilitating meeting planning. The Project Coordinator is skilled at participating as an active member of a diverse team responsible for project management of various initiatives to support CCSA’s collaborative activities and the impact of its work.
- Develop project objectives in collaboration with project lead, involving all stakeholders and ensuring feasibility (i.e., technical and organizational capacity, resource availability);
- Develop meetings in collaboration with project lead (e.g., co-design workshops, stakeholder meetings, advisory meetings), which include recruitment of participants, drafting of meeting materials (e.g., agendas, meeting minutes), securing venues and audio/visual equipment, catering and more;
- In collaboration with project lead and quality and risk officer, monitor and report on their project progress (e.g., write meeting summaries, briefing notes, presentations and executive summaries);
- Ensure that any project concerns or risks are communicated to the project lead and associate director;
- Ensure the ongoing participation, satisfaction and commitment of existing partners and stakeholders related to priority projects through ongoing communication and by supporting them in their endeavours to work with CCSA;
- Identify and engage key stakeholders and partners in the advancement of the initiative’s objectives (e.g., recruiting new members and retaining existing members);
- Promote events to key audiences using targeted methods;
- Coordinate internal resources, external partners and vendors for the smooth execution of projects;
- Support project lead to ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget;
- Participate in the development and execution of internal processes for review of deliverables, budget and production of resources;
- Participate in comprehensive sex- and gender-based analyses of evidence, data and reporting;
- Working with the collective impact and performance measurement analyst, report on project performance using appropriate organizational systems, tools and techniques;
- Develop detailed work plans to track progress;
- Create schedule and project timelines;
- Manage project budgets;
- Track deliverables and keep team updated about timelines;
- Create and maintain thorough project documentation, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or college degree, and a minimum of two years of project management and coordination experience;
- Knowledge of concepts, approaches and practices relevant to project management;
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills, with the ability to multitask, produce and coordinate projects with tight timelines;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to foresee risk and allow for contingency when planning;
- Monitor and adjust plans, as necessary; and
- Experience leading and managing multiple complex projects.
- Experience or expertise in the field of substance use and addiction or other chronic health conditions;
- Training in Sex- and GenderBased Analysis + or related approaches;
- Experience working in or with governmental, non-governmental and international organizations; and
- Bilingualism — French and English.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a résumé and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We thank all respondents; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.