Position: Records and Information Management Analyst (part-time)
Reports to: Director, Information Systems and Web Services
The Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction (CCSA) changes lives by bringing people and knowledge together to reduce the harms of alcohol and other drugs on society. It is the only organization with a legislated mandate to undertake this work at a national level. We partner with public, private and non-governmental organizations to improve the health and safety of Canadians. CCSA’s vision is for a healthier Canadian society where evidence transforms approaches to substance use.
Reporting to the Director, Information Systems and Web Services, the Records and Information Management Analyst supports CCSA by providing expertise in monitoring and analyzing CCSA’s information management practices including privacy and consent related matters. The Records and Information Management Analyst maintains and implements strategies, guidelines and policies, as well as ongoing audits and staff training.
- Maintains and updates CCSA’s Information Management (IM) Framework, including policies, governance and business rules.
- Maintains CCSA’s online, digital and paper records, as well as information repositories (including retention, disposal and archive activities).
- Maintains and updates CCSA’s plan for records and metadata to ensure records are managed effectively and comply with organizational reporting procedures.
- Implements and revises as required records guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Implements life cycle management practices and consent by responding to questions, tracking requests and monitoring applicable legislations.
- Maintains enterprise content management systems classification scheme, functions and activities.
- Monitors external trends, emerging issues and legislation related to IM and records management (RM) practices and recommends and implements improvements.
- Contributes to the development of organizational initiatives as they relate to IM and RM practices, policies and awareness.
- Conducts and tracks IM and RM orientation for new staff, and provides staff with updates as required.
- Responds to privacy and consent requests from CCSA staff and partners as they pertain to the collection of information through forms, surveys and other documents.
- Monitors and maintains CCSA’s compliance to privacy legislation.
- Engages third parties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a relevant discipline (e.g., public administration, IM and RM, archival studies or library sciences).
- Minimum of 3–5 years of relevant experience in providing information and record management services.
- Experience with enterprise content management systems such as SharePoint, M-files or OpenText.
- Understanding of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation and other applicable legislation.
- Knowledge of IM and RM principles, practices and trends.
- Experience in the development and implementation of IM and RM procedures, guidelines or related products and services.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects within established timelines while considering conflicting and changing priorities.
- Well-developed analytic and reasoning skills.
- Ability to understand, express and apply technical concepts, methods and procedures as they apply to IM and RM.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment with a high degree of initiative, responsibility, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Subject knowledge in substance use and addiction or a related field (e.g., health, clinical sciences, social sciences)
- Knowledge of Canada’s Copyright Act
- Bilingual English and French
CCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available on request during all aspects of the selection process. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a résumé and covering letter by email to email@example.com. We thank all respondents; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.